Machakos already plays a host to many investors in the manufacturing industry who meet the high demand for locally manufactured goods.
Kenya’s manufacturing sector is relatively strong and well diversified when compared to countries that are in a similar phase of economic development.
The Kenyan Government has put in policies and incentives to encourage procurement of locally manufactured products by Government Agencies.
The locally manufactured products are also highly demanded in the Regional Economic blocs like the East African Community (EAC) and Common Market for East and Southern Africa (COMESA). Kenyan Manufactured Textile is also eligible to access the USA Market under the provisions of the African Growth opportunity Act (AGOA)
Some of the Areas you could invest in include but are not limited to the following;
· Manufacture and supply of inputs to existing firms
· Tyre manufacturing plant
· Manufacture of construction materials such as cement and plumbing ware
· Manufacture of sheet glass
· Motor vehicle assembly and components manufacture
· Manufacture of packaging materials
· Manufacture of household goods
· Manufacture of electronics
· Food processing and packaging